Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boot interrupted

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  hhannam 
#1 ·
I have a fairly new Acer netbook that has suddenly started to have a booting issue. Before the problem started, the normal sequence was that just after the power button was pushed, the cursor would show up at the upper left corner of a blank screen, and two or three seconds later the words, "Windows starting" would come onto the center of the screen and the booting would continue as normal.

Recently, however, the booting process started freezing at the point with the cursor in upper left of the black screen. I learned that if I hit control/Alt/delete the screen would go black for a couple seconds, and then the booting process would resume as normal with the "starting windows" coming on again.

I should also mention that using control/Alt/Del doesn't always work the first time either. Sometimes I have to do it two, three or four times to get the booting going again.

Does anyone know what may have caused this problem, and more importantly, how to correct it?

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: AMD C-60 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, AMD64 Family 20 Model 2 Stepping 0
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 1770 Mb
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 6290 Graphics, 256 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 291830 MB, Free - 238344 MB;
Motherboard: Acer, JE10-BZ
Antivirus: avast! Antivirus, Updated and Enabled

See less See more
#3 ·
To pip22

Thanks for your suggestion, but when I downloaded and tried to install the alternate program I couldn't get it to run because I would get a message that there was a missing dll file. Not sure why that's happening. I hope tomorrow to try the primary suggestion and will post back if I have any success.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.