Boot issues after sleep mode.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

joshscales

If the laptop is allowed to enter sleep mode I will get the error message "checking for media presence... no media detected" and redirected to the BIOS menu screen. This happens without fail when I try to wake or then restart the laptop AFTER it's been allowed to sleep.

A temporary fix I have found is to remove the hard drive and then put it back in. However the next time the laptop is allowed to sleep the same issue will repeat. It is ONLY if the laptop enters sleep mode though and the problem will then persist through restarts etc until I do the above fix. Normal powering on/off once "fixed" is fine... until it's allowed to sleep again.

The laptop is an MSI (CX61 2QF) using windows 10, thanks in advance! someone please help me fix this pain of a laptop.

20200413_160527.jpg 20200413_160540.jpg

Last edited:

managed

Allan
Hi and welcome to TSG.

If you don't need 'sleep' you can prevent it at Start > Settings > System > Power and Sleep, click on the down arrow(s) under 'Sleep' and set the turn off time to 'Never'.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online