1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Boot/Lockup Problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by satanicguardian, Jan 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. satanicguardian

satanicguardian Thread Starter

Hey, got a few problems with my pc - here is my current spec

Asus Crosshair III Formula AMD 790FX (Socket AM3) DDR3 Motherboard - Republic of Gamers
    AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 4.20GHz - Coolermaster V8 CPU Heatsink
    Corsair XMS3 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz Dual Channel
    HIS ATI Radeon HD 6970 2048MB GDDR5 PCI-E
    Crucial RealSSD C300 64GB SATA 6Gb/s
    750GB WD 7800 Data Drive
    Antec 900 Gamer Case
    OcUK Crusade 1050w PSU
    Akasa Fan Control Unit
    HP w2007v - 1050 x 1680 - HD
    World of Warcraft Steel Series Gaming Mouse
    Logitech G15 Gamer Keyboard

Basically, its over clocked, and has been running ok, and runs all benchmarks and stab tests fine, firstly my boot problem.

If i have shut the pc down for say 8 hours, overnight, it refuses to boot and wont even post, and i have to mess around spamming my power and restart buttons and occasionally cmos reset button to make it post

Secondly i keep getting random freezes, sometimes in game, but i am getting them as i am typing this, some last about 10 seconds, others just dont come unfroze, i thought the freezes were the overclock on my gfx card, i have just closed CCC and it seems to help a bit but i still get them, i tried closing ccc and running the same overclock on afterburner, it froze in furmark after about 30 sec, im really not sure whats causing this, help appreciated, TIA jamie :)

2. satanicguardian

I have also disabled all overclocks and i still get lockups :(

3. satanicguardian

4. satanicguardian

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/976855

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice