Boot Logger

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

MikeAsp

Can anyone recommend a good bootlogger. It seems to me that ntblog is only written when a machine completes the boot process (safe mode and normal). My laptop (HP nx8220/XP Pro SP2) frequently fails during bootup, eventually after several attempts I'll catch it and boot in safe mode, then shut down and it will the boot up OK.
Doing a restart almost guarantees a failed boot up, so does installing software/registry scan/full virus scan (which has jumped from 4 to 10 hours to complete). I cant restore using system restore to last time my laptop was stable (August 25th) however I can restore to yesterday!!!!. I have checked the c: drive and its ok, don't quite know what to do next

How does it fail at bootup? (Error, restart, bsod?) When does it fail? (BIOS logo screen, Windows logo screen, etc...?)

MikeAsp

Wow that was quick,

Hit the power on button, no messages just powers off, then power on again, try and catch safe mode before it powers off, eventually i'll catch safe mode and it will run through the driver load process (although it can power off during this process) pausing for quite some time at gernuwa.sys (the next driver to load is intelppm.sys when it does boot ok)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online