1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Boot loop, no safe mode, no startup repair

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by MAYNARD77, Jan 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. MAYNARD77

MAYNARD77 Thread Starter

When I try to start my Dell Inspiron 1721 with AMD 64X2 processor 2G RAM 80G SATA HDD it only goes into a loop. The pc was apparently closed during installing updates by someone other than me late last night. I cannot get to safe mode (and therfore cmd prompts) and it only loops immeadiately back to the same page stating the 2 choices of launch statup repair or start window normally. I have done diagnostics of the HD, processor, fan, board, video, screen everything! for many hours and EVERYTHING is working including the HDD so please don't give me the rudimentary change your HDD or re-install or clean installation, because it is fine and I no longer have the discs... moot point. It acts as though when it was shut down during installing updates it will only go into BIOS and the various options, safe, repair, etc. and only loops back to the same screens after windows tries for about 2 seconds to boot (literally). PLEASE HELP! Should I hook it as a slave to another pc (I have the cords to take it out and run externally or will I risk infection to the other computer?) or can I get to cmd prompt w/o safe mode?

2. MAYNARD77

MAYNARD77 Thread Starter

Is there anybody out there?

3. dai

dai

run dell diagnostics

4. MAYNARD77

MAYNARD77 Thread Starter

Thanks Dai but I already ran Dell Diagnostics, for everything listed.... everything is fine. I ran the entire list. It took several hours. AHHHHHHHHRRRRGGGH!

5. dai

dai

on the advanced boot option screen you should see the option to

run recovery

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!