Boot Loop

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

gordonha

was given Gateway solo 5300
installed win xp pro
had trouble with sound
downloaded drivers and did not install them correctly
now start up is on a loop
cannot get laptop to boot
cannot get to anyplace to to insert inst, to fix
HELP!!

gordonha

Will get to black start up with choices but will not boot up to any of choices

MichaelJD

Michael
I would try rebooting and pressing F8 and select last known good configuration; good luck.

gordonha

Have rebooted many times and machine will not acknowledge A: or D: drives. cannot get past start up screen.

gordonha

I have used this option and all other choices and still cannot get boot up.

gordonha

exactly how do I check the drive. I cannot get to anyplace to type instructions. When I restart the pc it does not go to setup. It just goes to the startup screen and stops.

gordonha

Finally got the BSOD message and it is "unmountable volume" . Now what the heck is that?

gordonha

Finally got disk diognostic load on cd and inserted into laptop but laptop bypasses even after bios set as first

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online