Boot looping

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

KES8488250

Hi all,
My pc sticks on the hardware boot screen ( Asrock )
After a while it sticks on the windows boot screen and usually you will see a brief flash of blue screen then a repeat back to the hardware boot screen
Each screen takes an eternity

Any advice how to fix ?

Alternatively is there any accurate advice on a potential part that needs replacing
CPU ?
Mobo ?
Ram ?

Many thanks desperate for help it’s driving me insane past few days

I smell a failing hard disk drive. Do you have another desktop PC you could connect the drive to AND do you have all of your files backed up?

KES8488250

Hi thanks for reply.

I do have another I could test that hdd in.

It has on the odd occasion logged into windows very slowly and has shown the secondary hdd won’t display in my computer folder. I have 1 ssd that shows up a second ssd that doesn’t and an external connected that shows up

Could a second hdd cause this ( pc also freezes when you try to do much in windows ) ?

The cpu is running at 85-90deg c is this normal ? - I7 4770k 3.5ghz

Cheers

85-90c is awfully hot and needs to be addressed; but, first we need to assess the hard drive(s).
Yes, a second drive that is failing could be the source of your woes, especially if it has any programs or user files on it. What happens if you unplug the power to the second drive?

could also be ram, my ram starting to fail and had same problem where the pc was in a boot loop, might even be cpu failure if you say its that hot, i would diagnose every hardware component, if you can access hardware check on boot screen (one of the F1 to F12 keys, check motherboard or laptop model, if you dont have this option maybe theres software)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online