1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Boot manager bloocked

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Jobeni87, Jan 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Jobeni87

Jobeni87 Thread Starter

Hi can you help me to unblock my gateway laptop say Windows Boot Manager Has Been Blocked I don't know what to do

2. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

Welcome to tech Support Guy

1.Does it actually say - has been blocked by current security policy.

2. and on the third of those unsuccessful boots is there then another choice for
    Choose an option
    OR
    Continue -

Choose an option is the advanced startup options and Continue - is continue to boot normally

3. Was the Gateway Windows 8 pre installed please OR have you upgraded from Windows 7 etc.

4. Have you attempted or indeed changed any settings in the UEFI that is the BIOS
    before this problem arose

5. Have you installed any programs especially any Anti-Virus and indeed any TUNE UP make it go faster type programs

6. Have you created the recovery and repair disc recommended on all new computers supplied with W8 pre installed

3. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

Jobeni87
    It is now some two weeks since you asked for advice

Would you kindly reply and update your topic.

I hope you have managed to solve your problem

4. SRD7

SRD7

Some Windows 8 Laptops have Secure Boot enabled in the BIOS which is very annoying, we had to create a supervisor password to turn it off so you may need to do this as well if your gateway has Secure Boot on

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1087514

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice