Boot menu, App menu

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Mohi33

Hello everyone.
I need someone to help me out with my lenovo thinkpad i bought from some guy. It has boot password or whatever it is and it always gets stuck in a page with boot menu and app menu but I can do nothing, ive tried everything. And I cant seem to find a reset button on the laptop. I need me a savior.

Attachments

Mohi33

None of these seem to help me i cant access the recovery utility or the safe mode ill always be brought back to this20210601_073635.jpg

How old is the computer? If it is not too old you might be able to get a recovery disk for it from Lenovo.

Do you know what operating system was on it? If it was Windows 10 you can create a bootable USB flash drive with Windows 10 on it. Once you boot with it you go to the Command Prompt and try to either fix the boot or check the drive further for errors.

Let us know what you want to do next so that we can help you further.

Mohi33

The pc is not so old it says that I still have 26 months warranty left. I tried with the bootable usb aswell but I get to boot mode selection menu and ever time I select usb hdd it happens nothing.

The flash drive you used was bootable wasn't it? If you are not sure you can always test it on another computer to be sure. This is important because you will not be offered the option to boot from it unless it is.
  1. Attach the USB device to the system via any available USB port.
  2. Press and hold the Power Button for few seconds to turn off the system completely.
  3. Note: For Windows 8/8.1/10, restart the system before using the following steps.
  4. Power on the system. Press F12 immediately as the Thinkpad logo appears.
  5. There should be a pop-up menu with a list of choices. Select the USB drive using the arrow key and press Enter.
  6. The system should now boot from the USB drive.
How to Boot From a USB Drive - ThinkPad
https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht118361-how-to-boot-from-a-usb-drive-thinkpad

Mohi33

I have now manager to install the windows halfway using bootable usb but after I Connecticut myself to a wifi and its making connection with Microsoft i get this, it says an error occured lets try to reconnect20210603_002614.jpg

Is there a reason why you are connecting to the Wi-Fi during Windows 10 setup? I would have thought you could install Windows 10 without using the Internet. Of course you eventually have to connect to Wi-Fi and the Internet if you wanted to do updates.

Mohi33

I can't skip it thats the problem. There is no skip option.20210603_012556.jpg

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online