boot option causing STOP: 0x000000B8

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

SkipRinPerth

I have 2 boot.ini lines:
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="XP Pro SP2 - bootlog " /fastdetect /sos /bootlog
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="XP Pro SP2 - bootlog nogui test" /fastdetect /sos /bootlog /noguiboot
First one works fine. Attempting to use the second one causes "STOP: 0x000000B8" caused by adding /noguiboot machine run fine I was just testing if it would show driver loading lines without switching to the animated logo display (I have a customised one). No external devices attached to laptop when I tested this. Just curious why this would be an issue. Running XP PRO SP2, obviously I won't use this combination. Is it valid as I thought I had used it on other machines?

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

A wait operation,attach process, or yield was attempted from DPC routine.

If this is the first time you?ve seen this stop error screen, restart your computer.If this screen appears again,follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed.If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need.

If problems continue,disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components,restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Starup options, and then select safe mode.

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0x000000B8 (0X00000000,0X00000000,0X00000000,0X00000000)

Begninning dump of physical memory
Physical memory dump complete.
Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance.

blues_harp28

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Hi, I'm unsure what you are trying to achieve here.
You already have it booting to your desktop using the first boot.ini line.
Are you using the 'no GUI boot' to try and make the pc start up faster?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online