1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Boot problem IBM thinkpad r52 type 1860

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by XPUser1991, Dec 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XPUser1991

XPUser1991 Thread Starter

I have An IBM thinkpad r52 type 1860 that I am borrowing from school to do work, but today I booted it up and it takes me to the bios password screen every time I boot the computer it will just take me to this screen so I need to know if there is some kind of like backdoor password that will temporarily override the password that IT set so I can see what the problem is and possibly fix it myself so I can boot it normally, I even try to press F12 to bring up the boot list so I can boot my Linux on a flash drive but it still takes me to the bios password screen, any he'll would be greatly appriciated because I needs to access the hard drive so I can do my work, with it being Christmas break for me, and schooling ending on like a month after that, I can't afford to wait until I go back to school to get the problem fixed. I basically need to access the bios so o can either copy an error code and come back here foe help or see what the bios says and possibly fix the problem myself.

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

Please read the rules. We cannot help you override passwords that you have no right to know. Contact your school's IT department.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/970868

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice