1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Boot problem. No beeps, no display, flashing green case light

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Kopogero, Feb 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kopogero

Kopogero Thread Starter

Hello,

Spec:
    MB - ASUS P5B LGA 775 Intel P965 Express ATX Intel
    CPU - Intel e4400 Dual Core

Computer been running rock solid for 2 years. I didn't do any changes. One morning I boot it, front green light flashing together with red. Removed everything and I realized issue is between the MB and CPU. When I remove the CPU cover the PC has no green light, solid red, but when I put the cover on the green light flashes insteed of being solid green. This is very sensitive area it seems. I managed to put some weight on the cpu with a screwdriver tring to get a solid green, but this lasted only for few almost a min, then resets and trys to reboot again.

What could be causing this flashing green light rather than solid on front case? It's not the PSU since I tested it with another one. Also If I put the GPU I can hear unstable fan noise. Its like its struggling.

Other things to add. Thermal paste could've damaged the CPU or the pressure from the cpu cooler that I tightened maeby way too strong months ago. I am 100% I can't do anything to fix this. I know Il have ro replace one piece. Problem is Im not certain which one :( and no way I can find out...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/905981

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice