1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Boot problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by BendyStraws, Dec 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BendyStraws

BendyStraws Thread Starter

Hello everyone! I'm new here and stumbled upon this forum while looking for answers to my boot problem. Any sort of help would be greatly appreciated. I know a decent amount when it comes to computers, but i have no idea how to tackle this one. When i try to boot, i get this message.

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/564902_10151344547820339_1349813751_n.jpg

I'm running an Intel core i5 2500k, 16 gigs of corsair vengeance RAM, EVGA z68 sli micro MOBO, MSI PE 660ti graphics card, seagate 3tb hdd, and two Crucial m4 128 gig SSDs in raid0. Running on Windows 8.

My first reaction to the problem was the SSDs. I just got my second one to put in Raid0. Ive been running it for about 4 days now with no problems. I reset my CMOS, and set up my mobo with the RAID options again. Going into my bios i found out that the array is healthy and the drive is bootable. I took out all of my RAM, switching it around to see if i had a dead stick. Needless to say im at a dead end.

Thank you for your time, and for any feedback.

2. BendyStraws

BendyStraws Thread Starter

Ok, so my PC will boot if i keep the windows 8 disc in the drive. This is a quick fix but is there a way around this to fix it permanently?

3. dai

dai

ntfs is the windows file system,no idea what that before ntfs means,

normally i would say to run chkdsk /f but never having any interest in raid i would have to assume only

that it will not corrupt the raid

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1082478

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice