1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Boot problems

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by liquidslam, Jul 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. liquidslam

liquidslam Thread Starter

A couple of weeks ago, since adding an Administrator password and User Accounts on my XP Pro I started experiencing huge delays in booting up and shuting down my PC. When I click shutdown absolutely nothing happens for about one minute but once it starts it proceeds at a normal rate. On booting up it's the reverse. It boots normally until the desktop background screen appears and then it stops, showing nothing but the background, no icons, no taskbar, and it takes abou a minute before everything pops up. Also, when I try to reboot the computer boots-down all the way and just hangs there and only a manual reset starts it up again.

Anti-virus programs turn up nothing, the Event Viewer shows no anamolies, UPHCleaner from Microsoft,(it checks for any applications not properly releasing resoures), has no effect, neither does System Restore and even Bootvis optimization fails.

Anybody have any suggestions? I'm running a Pentium 4 2.5Ghz with one gig of DDR RAM.
    Thanx

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/591941

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice