1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

boot, reboot,reboot

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by zoneb123, Jan 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. zoneb123

zoneb123 Thread Starter

when we start the computer it acts normal until it gets just to where the entire desktop is showing and the it will reboot itself. Jumps into the blue error/scan screen...reboots to the desktop and then repeats the whole process. I have occasionally gotten to get past this to a file but it will shuut itself down and do the whole rebooting thing.
    Whats wrong???
    What can I do?

2. bandit429

bandit429

[tsg=welcome][/tsg]

Which windows are you using? What changes did you make prior to this problem and when did it start?

3. wizzkid

wizzkid

Are you recieving any error messages at all.

example: Fatal Exceptions, Illegal operations and so on

4. zoneb123

zoneb123 Thread Starter

I get no messages/warnings/ect.
    It has tried to run itself in the "safe" mode

5. Yankee Rose

Yankee Rose

Have you tried hitting F8 key as soon as you see the Windows logo and trying "Step by step confirmation"? Hit "Yes" to each line (there are many) and see if it halts on any particular one.

Do you have Windows 98? XP? ME?

6. wizzkid

wizzkid

I have had a problem with my system rebooting only occasionally though, I was also getting a lot of errors though, such as fatal exceptions they were mainly VxD errors. DRVWQ117.VXD so I renames this to DRVWQ117.VXD.OLD. And now it works fine. But as you are not getting any error messages, well I'm not sure what it could be, if it was me I may consider booting into safe mode, renaming the file, restart the computer if everything works great, if not change the file back.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/115005

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice