boot, reboot,reboot

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

zoneb123

when we start the computer it acts normal until it gets just to where the entire desktop is showing and the it will reboot itself. Jumps into the blue error/scan screen...reboots to the desktop and then repeats the whole process. I have occasionally gotten to get past this to a file but it will shuut itself down and do the whole rebooting thing.
Whats wrong???
What can I do?

[tsg=welcome][/tsg]

Which windows are you using? What changes did you make prior to this problem and when did it start?

Are you recieving any error messages at all.

example: Fatal Exceptions, Illegal operations and so on

zoneb123

I get no messages/warnings/ect.
It has tried to run itself in the "safe" mode

Have you tried hitting F8 key as soon as you see the Windows logo and trying "Step by step confirmation"? Hit "Yes" to each line (there are many) and see if it halts on any particular one.

Do you have Windows 98? XP? ME?

I have had a problem with my system rebooting only occasionally though, I was also getting a lot of errors though, such as fatal exceptions they were mainly VxD errors. DRVWQ117.VXD so I renames this to DRVWQ117.VXD.OLD. And now it works fine. But as you are not getting any error messages, well I'm not sure what it could be, if it was me I may consider booting into safe mode, renaming the file, restart the computer if everything works great, if not change the file back.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online