1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Boot Screen has Changed

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Lance1, Sep 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Lance1

Lance1 Thread Starter

This is no big deal, just a curiosity. For some strange reason on the boot-up screen, the Windows XP Professional has changed to just Windows XP!

What has made the Professional vanish :confused:

Attached Files:

2. vookster82

vookster82

what kind of changes has you or anyone else made to the computer lately and when did you first notice this.....any computer problems??? tell us some stuff like that other wise were shooting in dark :)

3. Lance1

Lance1 Thread Starter

I noticed this change a few days ago. I haven’t made any changes to this system in some time. I am the only one who knows anything about this computer other then my son and he says he hasn’t made any changes to the computer either. I have no problems what so ever on this computer as I said in my post. "O"... I did however change the services via Black Vipers services page . I can’t see that changing the boot screen though. I used the "SAFE" Windows XP Services Configuration

4. amthmi

amthmi

Did you install SP2 ?
    Mine said Professional until I installed SP2 now it just says XP Windows like you.

5. Lance1

Lance1 Thread Starter

Then that must be it! I did install SP2. Funny that Microsoft would do that in there service pack.

6. amthmi

amthmi

I absolutely agree
    I've looked for a fix...but no luck so far.
    I don't know if it does the same for the Home Edition users.

7. Lance1

Lance1 Thread Starter

It’s not a problem for me, its just another oddity of the Window phenomenon.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/270842

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice