Boot Screen

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dynasty091

Hi,

I have a packard bell imedia 1517 which was using Windows 7 operating system. I was formatting the pc to get a clean install, however when the formatting required a restart my pc wouldn't go past the boot screen. I tried turning it off, unplugging it/plugging back in, using Windows XP cd, diag-cd however it wouldn't go any further than the boot screen.

When I press F8 to boot cd, I can hear the usual sounds the comptuer makes however nothing happens. When I try to go into bios, no sound is made and nothing happens.

What could be the problem?

What were you trying to do in the first place? Just so we have a clear picture. What was the problem/issue for the format?

dynasty091

I was formatting Windows 7 for a clean install. It got to the step where it had to restart, now it won't even go past the boot screen.

But, why did we need the clean install? Did the system come preinstalled with Windows 7?

dynasty091

Clean install because the process of removing everything was too long. No, it was originally on XP.

*sigh*

You bought it with XP and upgraded to 7????? With an upgrade disk? and now you want to clean install with what??? An upgrade disk or a full install disk?????

You're not making it easy to help you.................

dynasty091

The pc came with Windows XP back in 2005. I formatted XP using Windows 7 (clean install0. I had too many things I wanted to delete on Windows 7 so I decided to format it but during the process, it restarted and won't go past the boot screen

That's a pretty old PC to be running 7. Did you have it up and running with 7 without any issues?

Ok, so if you have a full Windows 7 disk, just try it again.

If it still doesn't do anything, then try to access the bios setup. You should be able to get there regardless of a disk in the drive or not.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online