1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Boot sequence Help

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by jghost5, Sep 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jghost5

jghost5 Thread Starter

I had recently a dual boot on my laptop- XP Pro and 2000.

I have formatted 2000 out from inside XP but now I still have a boot option for 2000 at start-up.

How do I remove that option and still keep the drive space that I wish to keep files on, so in the event of OS crash I still have the partition with my important files?

Thanks in advance, J

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

Post the contents of your boot.ini file and we will show you how to edit it.

3. Cantrip#10

Cantrip#10

Click on Start and right click on My Computer. Click on Properties. Click the Advanced tab. Click on the Settings button under the Startup and Recovery section. On the Startup and Recovery window click on the Edit button. Remove the line that references the missing Windows2000 installation. Click File and then Save. Click OK twice and then reboot.

4. jghost5

jghost5 Thread Starter

Thanks for the walk through. Worked fine. Jay

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!