Boot setup screen won’t go away!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Storeey221

ok so I have an Asus all in one computer that work beautiful for me since 2012. Until one day it just showed a screen that said go to boot setup. I got advice from a friend who looked at it saying it was not reading my hard drive and went and purchased a new one of the same brand that was already in there. I installed it today and the same screen shows up however when I got to Bios it now reading the new hard drive. I am assuming that I need to purchase Windows 10 since the old hard drive had the windows 8 with the update for windows ten saved on it (right? Again just assuming). However I’m scared to spend that kind of money on Windows 10 and it not be the problem and not being able to return or resell it. Does anyone have any advice do you think it will be worth it if it doesn’t work do you know if I can resell the OS online ??

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
If Windows 10 was previously installed and activated in that ASUS all-in-one desktop, it should automatically activate after you re-install it in the new hard drive.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Storeey221

If Windows 10 was previously installed and activated in that ASUS all-in-one desktop, it should automatically activate after you re-install it in the new hard drive.

----------------------------------------------------------------
How do I reinstall it though? It doesn’t give me the option since it only lets me pull up the bios?

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Go HERE.
Download and save the Media Creation Tool.
Run the tool to create a bootable DVD or bootable USB thumb drive which contains Windows 10.
Use that bootable install media to do a clean install of Windows 10.

You didn't say if your ASUS all-in-one desktop was running Windows 10 Home or Pro, 32-bit or 64-bit.
You need to make sure to select the correct one when creating bootable install media so you don't run into an activation issue.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online