1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Boot-start or system-start drivers failed to load:

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DarkReflections, Oct 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkReflections

DarkReflections Thread Starter

(Please note I did do a quick search and looked for anything on the first page that seemed similar if not exactly the same as this. If I'm re-posting something that's been solved in the
    past I apologize.||| Reason for putting this on a forum is so that others may find the answer through google.)
    Date 10/19/2007 Source: Service Control Manager
    Time 1:28:25pm Category: None
    Type: Error Event ID: 7026
    User: N/A
    Laptop Hp pavilion dv 9035nr 2gig Ram dual core 1.66ghz processor.
    2 internal drives sata C:\ 61.8GB X:\ 74.5GB

The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
    AliIde
    PCIIde
    Pcmcia
    ViaIde

Details
    Product: Windows Operating System
    ID: 7026
    Source: Service Control Manager
    Version: 5.0
    Component: System Event Log
    Symbolic Name: EVENT_BOOT_SYSTEM_DRIVERS_FAILED
    Message: The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load: %1

| I'd like to know if this would specifically cause a boot-up to run into a Bad_Pool_Header as it loads the operating system. What I find odd is if I shut it off hard, and cut it back on it'll load just fine the second time.
    Should I just email HP and ask for the specific drivers information and downloads? The reason I suppose the information would help is I've used the recovery disc in the past and reinstalled drivers. I was pretty certain I got them all, but I was wondering if just maybe I didn't put them in the right spot hence the second boot working.
    Any information or help regarding this would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT
    Hp support told me that those drivers are OS related, I wasn't aware of that until they told me. In short they said try running a repair using your windows recovery disc ( I don't have the operating system disc ) and it should be fixed. I'll be trying that tonight and if it works I'll mark this as solved.

The link they provided with step by step instructions on how to repair the OS is as follows http://www.windowsreinstall.com/winxppro/installxpcdrepair/indexfullpage.htm

Well I've run into a problem, the tech support for hp told me my recovery disc would have a repair option. It doesn't... so I want to know.. can I use an old Windows XP home edition installation disc to repair my Windows media center operating system?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/640586

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice