1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Boot Time

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by joe_joe133, Jan 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joe_joe133

joe_joe133 Thread Starter

I have said this before but you did not understand it really ok the boot time is 30 sec and the time for the GUI to load and all windows files is 6 seconds how do i speed up the boot like all the bios stuff at startup here is what i have in startup;

ScanRegistry Registry (Machine Run) C:\WINDOWS\scanregw.exe /autorun
    SystemTray Registry (Machine Run) SysTray.Exe
    LoadPowerProfile Registry (Machine Run) Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
    Lexmark X74-X75 Registry (Machine Run) "C:\Program Files\Lexmark X74-X75\lxbbbmgr.exe"
    LexStart Registry (Machine Run) lexstart.exe
    LoadQM Registry (Machine Run) loadqm.exe
    NvCplDaemon Registry (Machine Run) RUNDLL32.EXE NvQTwk,NvCplDaemon initialize
    nwiz Registry (Machine Run) nwiz.exe /install
    Tweak UI Registry (Machine Run) RUNDLL32.EXE TWEAKUI.CPL,TweakMeUp
    LoadPowerProfile Registry (Machine Service) Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme

And my autoexec and config;

SET CTSYN=C:\WINDOWS
    SET BLASTER=A220 I5 D1 H5 P330 T6
    C:\PROGRA~1\CREATIVE\SBLIVE\DOSDRV\SBEINIT.COM

and

DEVICE=C:\WINDOWS\HIMEM.SYS
    DEVICE=C:\WINDOWS\EMM386.EXE
    DEVICE=C:\WINDOWS\setver.exe

please help me i don't know why its slow?

2. spaceman_333

spaceman_333

Hi joe-joe,

Why don't you go into MSCONFIG / Startup and uncheck everything except: System Tray and Scan Registry.

Click OK and restart. If you don't like it , you can always recheck them.

Spaceman

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/112744

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice