1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Boot/TPM error

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by schaltz, Mar 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. schaltz

schaltz Thread Starter

Hi there, hopefully some bright minds can help me.

I've just installed Windows XP on my laptop. While going through, and installing, the standard drivers, which I've done so many times on this machine, I stumble upon a problem. When installing the TPM driver, I'm asked to enable the TPM in my BIOS, to continue installing.

Even though I've never been asked to do that before, I restart and enable it in my BIOS. I'm pressing F10 and the computer restarts. Now, here's the real problem, when the computer starts, it freezes at this screen:

[​IMG]

It won't go any further than this and I can't press F2.

The Computer is a Zepto 6324W, and I would have made contact to the Zepto Support, but unfortunately the company has gone bankrupt. I guess that's just my luck.

If it wasn't a laptop I would usually just've unplugged the CMOS battery, and thereby restart the BIOS, but I'm not that comfortable with Laptop hardware.

Are there any ways to get around this method, or do I have to get my hands dirty?

2. Mumbodog

Mumbodog

You can't press F2, or when you do nothing happens?

Start tapping F2 as soon as you power up.

3. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Or ESC or TAB and see if it shows any of the detailed BIOS screens rather then the logo.

4. schaltz

schaltz Thread Starter

Thank you for the fast replies. But unluckily no, no matter what keys or key-combinations i press/tap I still end up with no response at all. What you see in the screenshot is all I ever see. There aren't even any loading screen prior to the one presented..

5. Bernardo

Bernardo

Are you able to boot into windows at all?

6. schaltz

schaltz Thread Starter

Nope Bernardo:

and:

I know you're just trying to help, but it was pretty clearly stated, that I can't get passed loading screen. :)

7. Bernardo

Bernardo

Just checking ;)

I'd take the battery out of the computer, and try on just A/C power.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/913910

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice