Boot/TPM error

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

schaltz

Hi there, hopefully some bright minds can help me.

I've just installed Windows XP on my laptop. While going through, and installing, the standard drivers, which I've done so many times on this machine, I stumble upon a problem. When installing the TPM driver, I'm asked to enable the TPM in my BIOS, to continue installing.

Even though I've never been asked to do that before, I restart and enable it in my BIOS. I'm pressing F10 and the computer restarts. Now, here's the real problem, when the computer starts, it freezes at this screen:

It won't go any further than this and I can't press F2.

The Computer is a Zepto 6324W, and I would have made contact to the Zepto Support, but unfortunately the company has gone bankrupt. I guess that's just my luck.

If it wasn't a laptop I would usually just've unplugged the CMOS battery, and thereby restart the BIOS, but I'm not that comfortable with Laptop hardware.

Are there any ways to get around this method, or do I have to get my hands dirty?

You can't press F2, or when you do nothing happens?

Start tapping F2 as soon as you power up.

Triple6

Rob
Retired Moderator
Or ESC or TAB and see if it shows any of the detailed BIOS screens rather then the logo.

schaltz

Thank you for the fast replies. But unluckily no, no matter what keys or key-combinations i press/tap I still end up with no response at all. What you see in the screenshot is all I ever see. There aren't even any loading screen prior to the one presented..

schaltz

Nope Bernardo:

Now, here's the real problem, when the computer starts, it freezes at this screen
and:

It won't go any further than this and I can't press F2.
I know you're just trying to help, but it was pretty clearly stated, that I can't get passed loading screen. :)

Just checking ;)

I'd take the battery out of the computer, and try on just A/C power.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online