1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

boot trouble

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by bogo, Aug 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bogo

bogo Thread Starter

recently I was tinkering with the program system mechanic 6, I hadn't used it in a while because I only used a couple of the tools it offered but anyways my trial was up and I clicked the button to take me to their site in the middle of surfing the site my computer says it needs to shutdown and proceeds to do so. When I tried to boot up again it only starts for maybe 2 seconds before it shuts off by itself. since my computer doesn't boot up I can't give you guys the exact specs on my computer but its a compaq running windows xp sp2, any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Hi and welcome. Sounds like it could have been overheating. Let it sit for awhile and see if it will start up in say, 10 minutes.

3. bogo

bogo Thread Starter

yeah I've given it days since it takes a while for me to find another computer to use for a extended amount of time.

4. ~Candy~

Time to open it up and check out the interior. If the cpu fan isn't spinning, that could account for the immediate shutdown.

5. bogo

bogo Thread Starter

So I don't know what I did but when I tried to turn it on after checking to make sure the fan was spinning it booted fine. thanks for the help

6. ~Candy~

Thanks for the follow up. If everything keeps working, feel free to mark the thread solved using the THREAD TOOLS drop down menu.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/488778

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice