1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Boot up goes directly to browser

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by silverado4, Apr 3, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. silverado4

silverado4 Thread Starter

Just recently when I boot up to windows, it doesn't stop at my desktop, it goes directly to my browser (in firefox). Where can I find the file to eliminate this from happening. I did a virus scan, nothing there, I also delete my temp files every day, and I looked at my msconfig.exe to see if anything was added, nothing was. Why is this happening? I have windows 10. Thanks

2. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Is a shortcut to Firefox in your Startup folder? To check, press [WindowsKey]+[R], type in shell:startup and press [Enter]. If you see Firefox in there, delete it.

3. silverado4

No, checked, folder is empty.

4. lunarlander

lunarlander

Is your windows 10 in kiosk mode ?

5. Jack1000

Jack1000

Some steps to try,

1.) Make sure that Firefox is NOT your default browser at start up: Select MS Edge to see if this resolves this issue:

Change your default browser in Windows 10
    1. Select the Start button, and then type Default apps.
    2. In the search results, select Default apps.
    3. Under Web browser, select the browser currently listed, and then select Microsoft Edge.
    4. Close all Windows, and reboot.
    5. If that does not work: Do the following:
    6. Start Firefox without extensions or add-ons. Disable all of them and than reboot the PC.
    7. You might also need to create a new Firefox profile. The link below will also show you how to restart Firefox without extensions running. What happens if you disable all extensions and add-ons and than restart the PC? The link also shows how to create a new Firefox profile:
    https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/profile-manager-create-and-remove-firefox-profiles

Jack

6. silverado4

I don't know if it is in kiosk mode. I went to delete my temp files today, and a command "shell" something came up, could the browser be in there to start at boot up?

7. silverado4

JA: I'll Check your procedure today, thanks.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1225339

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice