Boot Up Problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

sabretd

I recently posted this thread: http://forums.techguy.org/t367675.html where i said that my computer will not boot up. My PC is running xp pro. After the windows XP screen comes up I get sent to a XP screen that says "autochk program not found, skipping autocheck". after that i briefly get sent to a blue screen that says that csrsrv.dll is not found and that it is quitting the program. it says re-installing the file may help. after that the computer shuts off and trys to reboot again.

in response to the earlier thread, i tried to do a repair installation, but I can't seem to get my computer to boot from the xp disc when i start up. i do have it set up sot aht the cd-rom is ahead of the hard disc for the boot order. do you have any suggestions of how i might be able to get onto that cd to do a repair installation? thanks for your help.
-bt

In your BIOS, make sure your cd rom is the first one on the list. Then make sure your XP cd in in the cd rom and reboot.

sabretd

I have it set up so that the cd-rom is top on the boot order list, but for some reason it doesn't give me the option to boot from CD. Any idea how to do this some other way?

Is it an "original" XP CD or a copied one ?
If it's copied the wrong way, it lacks the bootloader and therefore can't be booted
from.
You need a CD that's bootable.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online