1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

boot up problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dre_day, Jan 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dre_day

dre_day Thread Starter

I have a newly configured computer, and when you turn it on, about 4 seconds later it turns off. On the monitor it says checking MVRAM, sometimes it gets a little further and the part asking to press delete for bios setup, f(something) for setup menu, etc. will popup, then it just shuts off. I'll try pressing delete for the bios before it does shut off, but nothing happens and it turns off. I don't see any loose connections. I desperately need help with this matter. Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. ratchet

ratchet

Welcome to TSG.

While you waiting for better suggestions, try removing key components, Ram, Video Card and cable connections. Check both component and m/b slot and reseat carefully.

Is this a new Motherboard?

3. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    take out your motherbaord manual and make sure all the jumpers are correct. Check them all - fsb frequency, multipliers, clear cmos, etc. trying removing everything except for video, ram and cpu. unplug all leds, switches, only leave the power swith plugged in. make sure the mobo isn't shorting on the case and that its not oveheating. other than that post some more specific info on your computer.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/112616

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice