1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

boot up problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jacare, Jan 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jacare

jacare Thread Starter

hey all

know little to nothing here - have a mac powerbook running ox tiger - in recent months it was slow to boot which after some time wouldnt boot at all - i solved this by allowing the battery to fully discharge then by connnecting to power again on flat battery it would boot up again (but only if i didnt look at it) - but once it had a full battery it would most likely shut down or crash - after some time of this (2 months) and a load of patience it now doesnt boot up at all despite all my 'tricks' - i am lucky if it is a cool day it seems to work then and reboot but this now is a rarity - it seems to continue fine for sometime if i have an application running or have the internet radio on but the minute i disconnect from this the mac crashes - please help as im now gettin tired of goin through all these ceremonies and dances for the f*cka to work - soon i will throw it into the sea - maybe it will then have second thoughts about not booting for me next time - help if you can - ta in advance guys and gals

2. griffinspc

griffinspc

What happens if you use AC power only without the battery installed?

3. jacare

jacare Thread Starter

thanks for getting back - nothing happens when i reboot with battery out and on ac power - appreciate the reply

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/536370

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice