Boot Up Screen Wont Come Up!!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

edgar818

I just installed service pack 2 and when it told me to restart i restarted and the computer wont turn on. I press the power button and nothing happens on my screeen. My monitor power light shows up as if the computer is not on but my computer power led lighs up. The computer turns on but nothing comes up on my monitor. This happened right after I installed service pack 2. Does anyone have a idea of what if messed up on it. Its a celeron 1.4ghz 256mb ram compaq computer. The time before i installed service pack 2 the computer turned on but it just froz and restarted so i just reformated now i dont get any screens so i cant reformat nothing!

The fact that your system may have been misbehaving before SP2 could be a clue. SP2 can cause problems like Windows not booting, but it shouldn't be the cause of a blank screen when you turn your system on. Suggest making sure that your video card, monitor cable and RAM are all secure in their slots.

Edit: Do you hear your drives and fans power up?

edgar818

there is no way anything could have moved right after the sp2 restarted the computer would give any screens

Perhaps not but you are going to have to do some troubleshooting and it's an easy way to start.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online