boot up

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Shazza

I have recently reformatted a celeron 333 computer. It won't boot up at all. Starts with power but nothing on the screen. Could it be something to do with the bios and if so, How can it be fixed

all you did was format the hard drive, restart and you get no display at all, just like the monitor is dead????

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Hi Shazza, welcome to TSG.

Quick question --- is it a Compaq?

Shazza

I looked at the bios, don't think I changed anything. The computer isn't a compaq, there are no beeps, there is power to the monitor and there was a light on in the cdrom but that was because there was a cd in there. No light on in the cdrom after removing the cd

Shazza

The monitor has power but there is nothing on it, the screen is black

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
I'm confused as well....how did you see what was going on in your bios setup if nothing is appearing on the monitor? Or do you have video while booting and once you get to windows it disappears????

Shazza

I installed nothing after reformatting. After I formatted I rebooted and looked at the bios by hitting del key. Came out of the bios and the computer did not do anything after that. Only what is stated above

I still need a little more information to find
out the problem.
When you start the computer you have a
totally black screen or do you have a
black screen with a lot of messages like:

ide harddrive detected
memory 64mb

Once you format the drive, windows will not
boot up because formatting wipes out any
and all files on the harddrive. We can tell you
how to install windows but we need to know
if the monitor is working giving you messages
when it first boots up or is the screen totally
blank.

Shazza

No, the screen is totally blank, but there is a light on to say there is power to the screen. No messages appear. The hard drive only starts to boot up for probably one second and in that time nothing appears on the screen at all

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.