1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Bootable Ghost Partition / Windows XP

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Damonc, Feb 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Damonc

Damonc Thread Starter

First Name:
    Damon
    If a machine has a bootable Ghost Partition, and windows xp installed - how can I get it to boot from the Ghost partition so that I can re-image it?

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I never heard of a "Bootable GHOST Partiton", and I used GHOST for years. Perhaps you can describe exactly what you have there...

3. Damonc

Damonc Thread Starter

First Name:
    Damon
    its exactly that. In the ghost boot disk creator it has the option to be able to create bootable partitions so that you can start the system into the ghost console without the need for disks.

4. 2_Face|)

2_Face|)

If I am not mistaken, you backed up your ghost image on a extended/logical partition. If so, you just run the backup from Ghost again and save it to the same partition that you have your current backup in. Once you verify the Ghost current Ghost image you can then delete the old one. As you are creating this new backup insert the floppy if needed when prompted to for emergency boot.
    Let me know if I understood your question correctly and if this is the answer you were looking for.

5. Damonc

Damonc Thread Starter

First Name:
    Damon

Nope. Sorry.

I first discovered this partition when I was installing XP from a CD onto one of the machines - in the partitions list when you are still in the 'blue dos based' part of the installation it has an 8MB partition called "Ghost Boot"

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/330603

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice