bootable USB windows not working

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Karan.avenger

Hi,

I have a VAIO SVE14116GNB, i was trying to re-install my original windows using One-touch recovery button "assist"

But due to some incident, i had to force shut it down during formatting of C: drive (formatted 46%)

After some time when i again started my laptop with ASSIST button.

Error came : BOOTMGR missing.

after that error came : Boot/BCD missing

So, as to create BCD file, i was trying to recover using Windows "recover windows" option in a bootable windows 7 USB drive. But USB didn't run after files loaded and cursor came.

P.S. windows image was burnt properly and USB was made bootable. BIOS was configured appropriately.

Oddba11

Jim
Regardless of the HDD status, if the USB image is correct, it should boot into the setup screen.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online