1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Bootcamp Windows 7 Black Screen Before Login

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by katofu94, Jul 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. katofu94

katofu94 Thread Starter

I have installed Windows 7 on Mac Bootcamp. It has been working perfectly fine for the past year but it is now restricting me to login with a black screen. The last time Windows 7 worked, I closed my laptop cover to put it to sleep. I came back to find that I was greeted with a black screen after opening my laptop. I rebooted my computer multiple times but the outcome is always the same: I would see the Windows icon (4 coloured squares), it would then show my cursor and then the screen would go black. I have tried to repair my computer but it says that there are no errors. I also tried to check for any other possible errors but they all come out negative. Please help me, as I have many important essays on my Windows partition. :(

Thank you so much for your time! It is very appreciated.

Sincerely,
    Jason Chan

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Terry Moderator

I'm not familiar with Apple computers or Bootcamp, so I may not even ask the right questions. :(

Did you have it set to prompt for a password when awakening from sleep? What did you do when you first encountered the black screen (hold the power button to force a power off?)?

Have you tried booting into Safe Mode? Or 'last good configuration'?

You can still boot to the MAC OS, right? And use that to copy any data that is not backed up?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1061202