1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Bootcamp Windows Installation

Discussion in 'Apple Mac' started by ekg, Jan 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ekg

ekg Thread Starter

I am in the process of installing Windows XP Home Edition. Well actually I have already installed it on my MAC OS. I printed and followed the bootcamp guide to a "T"> I a at the point where the guide says to insert the MAC installation disk to do something with the bootcamp drivers. However, I can't get the Windows disk to eject. Could it be that the Windows is not reading my MAC keyboard when I hit the eject button? I have tried to restart the computer but Windows is the opening screen. I know I did the partitioning correctly if the guide is correct. All my business is located in the MAC partition. HELP!!!
    Please advise me as to what to do!!!
    Thanks so much!

2. Headrush

Headrush

So in windows if you open My Computer and right-click on DVD icon and select Eject from pop-up menu it doesn't eject?

You can also hold down the left mouse button when you reboot the Mac and that will also eject and DVDs/CDs.

3. 247techie

247techie

Try holding down the option key at the boot time. and try to select the mac partition to boot

247techie

4. 247techie

247techie

If that doesn't work check out this link

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/976699