Booting black screen

PatrickRT1

I have a 2016 model razor blade laptop. When I go to start the laptop, it shows the regular start up options, a.k.a. recovery setting,Bios, etc. After that screen flashes for a moment it goes black and will not turn on. Have tried everything, please help.

Probably a dead hard drive or ssd drive have you tried to boot to safe mode? Can you get into bios?

plodr

Liz
A dead hard drive would show, unable to boot, select proper boot device.

If you see the screen, it means the video chip is working. If it goes black when Windows loads, it might be a bad or wrong video driver.
As mentioned above, try booting into safe mode. From there, you should be able to disable whatever video driver is installed.

it shows the regular start up options, a.k.a. recovery setting,Bios, etc
This is what concerns me....."recovery". If there is something coming up named recovery, that's not in the normal boot up process. Then the fact that OP mentions "Options" is also not in the normal boot up process.

IMO.....those 2 issues are directly related to the HDD.....either an immanent HDD failure or at a minimum OS corruption on the drive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online