1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

booting in a scanner has stoped internet connection

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by trish2002, Aug 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. trish2002

trish2002 Thread Starter

After booting a scanner into a computeer I can no longer get access to my isp - the line is ringing but doesn't pick up. Scanner disc has pinched some files and not given them back. Does anyone have any ideas as to which files were corrupted and what to do?

Many thanks

Trish

2. Jedi_Master

Jedi_Master

Howdy there, trish2002 and welcome to TEAM TSG !!!

Not real sure what you are asking, do you mean that after you installed a scanner, you are no longer able to connect to your ISP ??

To my knowlege, installing a scanner has nothing to do with connecting to an ISP...

Have you tried to call your ISP, and see if there is something wrong with the number that you are calling ??

3. trish2002

trish2002 Thread Starter

Hello Jedi Master,& the team,

Sorry for not getting back earlier - work!!!!

Yes the story is that

I booted an HP scanner into a computer and lost the ISP connection.

I disinstalled the scanner and got the ISP back after having some files replaced.

I then rebooted the scanner and lost ISP again. Disinstalled and it came back again.

Then I rebooted but only the scanner and no soft ware - yes it went off again - all systems were ok with the ISP.

Don't knnow what the next step is unless it is the programme wiith which you register the scanner on line (as I havn't resgistered it yet) - that is the only software there I think.

Think my next step will be to contact Hewlitte Packard to see if there are any adjustments in windows that will help. By the way I am using Windows 98 second edition.

Thanks for your interest and if you come up with any ideas let me know - I am at a loss!

Trish 2002

UK:(

4. tpb

tpb

What model scanner is this? What version of scanner software?

5. trish2002

trish2002 Thread Starter

Hi there,

It is a Hewlett Packard HP PrecisionScan LTX - just bought

6. Byteman

Byteman Gone but Never Forgotten

If the scanner, as most do, has FAX function, and is a USB type, they are notorious for messing around with connections- and as you say, their software usually tries to replace files, sometimes with older versions... I think HP has a way to workaround this. Ran into it using an HP multifunction machine, which always wanted to be the default FAXer. Had to disable the FAX function of the modem to use. Just some ideas for you.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/92773

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice