Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

booting in safe mode and regular mode

795 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  reticentAJ 
#1 ·
when i boot my laptop in safe mode my internet speed is high but when i boot in regular mode its low im wondering if anyone can help me with stopping the right programs for regular mode so my internet speed is high like it is in safe mode

#2 ·
Hit the windows key + R. Then in the box that pops up, type msconfig and click enter. You are going to want to select "selective startup". Then, go to the startup at the top and deselect programs that you do not want to run at start. Do this until you can figure out which one is causing the problem. Some of these programs are needed for startup, though as they may be your sound card, mouse, etc.

#5 ·
Actually, you can disable all and still be fine. I just did it and my computer booted fine. So do this. If your computer is good, then start reenabling them until you find the one that causes problems, so you can make sure it is disabled.

Before you disable all, make sure you take note which are enabled and reenable them when you are done (excluding the one that causes problems)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.