Booting into Me Partioned harddrive

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

qwerty1

Hello there
I Would really l0ove it if someone could tell me how to deal with this problem.
I have split the hard drive and have win 2000 on one partition and Me on the other. Win 2000 goes fine but when i try to boot into Me i get this comment on my screen.
Starting windows Millenium
The following file is missing or corrupt :
D:\windows\ifshlp.sys
The following file is missing or corrupt:
Windows\sustem\vmm32.vxd
Type in the name of the window loader (e.g c:windows\system\vmm32.vxd
This problem only seem to occur when i have tryed to boot into Me with a Cd rom in the computer. After I get this screen thats as far as i can and am unable to use Me windows. I have reloaded Me and then it works fine again until i forget, and leave a cd in.
Could someone please help me with this problem.
Thanks very much
Gregory

Please only post in one forum for the same query. I will ask a Moderator to tidy things up.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online