1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

booting issue

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Azfar, May 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Azfar

Azfar Thread Starter

Im running Windows 7 as my primary OS on My new WD 1TB drive. I'v also got Win xP SP2 running on my old 80GB seagate Hard drive. The problem is that system detects seagate drive (WinXP) as primary / system drive. If i unplug it...PC wont boot. I no longer need the seagate drive and one of my friends is willing to buy it from me.
    I'v tried formatting seagate drive from windows 7 but no success.
    i'v tried setting the WD drive as the 1st boot device in Bios but no success.

How do i make the system boot from my new drive and make it forget about the seagate ??

Thanks.

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Set the Windows 7 partition as the System/Active and Boot partition. If Disk Management won't do it EASEUS Partition Master will be happy to do it.

3. antech

antech Banned

As an alternative to TerryNet's posted solution,
    Remove the Win XP Disk.
    Reboot.
    Put the Windows 7 DVD in yo the DVD Drive.
    Launch Startup Repair.
    Let it perform the repair for you.
    Reboot again and you are done.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/920857

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice