1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Booting Issues

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dagical, Dec 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dagical

dagical Thread Starter

All righty then. First time on Tech Support Guy, continuing my thread on PCWorld. In the past few days, I've received and built my new rig for mid-range gaming. However, I've been getting two particular errors: the inability to receive visuals, and the lack of any beeping whatsoever. I've tried resetting my CMOS, and switched out everything from my new card to my RAM. I've whittled it down to either my Motherboard, my CPU, or my inability to connect everything properly. I've rebuilt, tested only the essentials, and gone through every manual at least sixteen times. Here are my new specs:

Graphics: SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 5670 512mb (PCIe 2.0 x16)
    Motherboard: MSI 870-G45, AM3 Compatible, DDR3 Support, ATX build
    CPU: AMD Phenom II Dual Core processor (AM3 Socket)
    CPU Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus, AM3 Compatible
    HDD: 3.5" Samsung 7200 RPM Bare Drive
    RAM: 1 stick of Corsair 'Gaming' 2GB DDR3 1333
    Power Supply: (Recycled) 450 Watt, recycled from my old build so unsure of specific specs

I'm just wondering if there's anything I can try before I have to leave them somewhere for testing. I welcome any suggestions. Thank you for your time.

2. vietguy357

vietguy357

Hmm. It could be a power problem. If the power supply doesn't have enough watts or not enough amps on the 12v rail for the graphic card.
    Does anything comes up when you turn the computer on or does it stay blank?

3. dagical

dagical Thread Starter

Sorry about the delayed response. As for my Power Supply, I've ran an older 600W with it as well, which also produced no results. As for booting, everything starts normally, all the case fans start and, with that, all the LED's attached to the case all turn on, but there's no video output whatsoever.

4. vietguy357

vietguy357

Ok. Are you able to access the bios?
    Also since you're using a graphic card, use the video plug from the card. If this doesn't work then try using the motherboard's video output. If this works then that means you have to disable the video card on the motherboard and enable the video card from the pci-e slot using the bios.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/970655

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice