1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Booting Problem . . Help Please..

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by yramakrishnan, Nov 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yramakrishnan

yramakrishnan Thread Starter

System Specifications :

Pentium Core 2 Duo 2.2 GHz
    INTEL D945GCNL
    2 GB DDR2 RAM
    250 GB SATA

Hi ! I installed Vista Ultimate on a new machine on wednesday. It was working fine. I converted the PATA Hard Disk of my old system to an external one. Windows Xp was installed in it. So i removed the jumper so as to make it a slave. Yesterday morning, i connected that external HDD via USB. It worked well.

But suddenly, the system hanged and i was forced to reboot. I did so and removed that external HDD. But unfortunately, it couldn't reboot and said

Find--set-root/bootmgr

Warning : Unrecognized partition table for drive 80. Please rebuild it using a Microsoft - comptible FDISK tool(err=22). Current=266305/246/63

Error 17 : File Not Found
    Booting 'Windows NT/2000/XP'.

Warning : Unrecognized partition table for drive 80. Please rebuild it using a Microsoft - comptible FDISK tool(err=22). Current=266305/246/63
    fallback 2
    Find--set-root/ntldr

Error 17 : File Not Found
    Booting 'Enter command line'

Boot Failed! Press Any key to enter command line.

When pressed any key

GRUB4DOS 0.4.3 2007-03-13, Memory 572k/2021M, codeend : 0x3D7BC
    [Minimal BASH-like line editing is supported. For the ..., TAB lists possible command completions. Anywhere else, TAB lists the possible command of a device/filename. ESC at anytime exits ]

grub>

i dunno what command to give.

So, i formatted the drive and re-installed Vista on C Drive. The installation proceeded well and completed without any glitch. Again while re-booting, the problem persisted. Even i tried installing Xp. No fruit. What shall i do now?

2. yramakrishnan

yramakrishnan Thread Starter

And i forgot to mention. I partitioned the HDD into 6 Drives (4 while initially installing Vista & later cut the 4th into 3 drives after installation ) .. But when i tried re-installing Vista, only the first 2 of the 6 drives were shown. . Does it mean that i will lose the other drives?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/649623

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice