Booting problem while installing windows 10

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Althaf

Hello there!
I download windows 10 into pendrive .And I tried to install it in ubuntu 20.04 LTS in lenovo g50-80. I opened boot menu selected booted pendrive and I got a blank screen with blinking cursor and I waited for long time but it still blinks and I am not able to install windows.

Hoping for fast reply because I have exams in August 2021 (banglore university)

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
What exactly do you mean when you say I downloaded Windows 10 into pendrive?

Did you download and save and run the Media Creation Tool and then follow the instructions for creating a bootable USB flash drive that allows you to install Windows 10?
https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=691209

-------------------------------------------------

Althaf

What exactly do you mean when you say I downloaded Windows 10 into pendrive?

Did you download and save and run the Media Creation Tool and then follow the instructions for creating a bootable USB flash drive that allows you to install Windows 10?
https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=691209

But I am on ubuntu how can I install windows tool.?? Please reply

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
It doesn't matter which operating system is currently installed in your PC.

As long as you have a bootable USB flash drive with Windows 10, and as long as the USB flash drive is set first in the boot order in the BIOS, it should start the setup process when you boot from it.

If you're not sure what you're doing, you should ask someone who does to help you.

---------------------------------------------------

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
DRPC:

You do not copy the Windows 10 ISO inside the USB flash drive.
If you do, it will not boot and install Windows 10.

The 18.6 MB-size Media Creation Tool needs to be downloaded and saved and then run.
When you run it, it provides easy-to-follow instructions on how to download the Windows 10 file and make the USB flash drive bootable.

Other than the Media Creation Tool, there is no need to use a third-party app to do this.

If you go to the Windows 10 site using Linux it will show you to download an ISO file. If you go to the Windows 10 site using Windows it will show you the MS Media Creation Tool.

DRPC:

You do not copy the Windows 10 ISO inside the USB flash drive.
Agreed. I did not say you should, I said to use WoeUSB. It is a Linux tool that does what the Media Creation tool does.

Media Creation tool is for Windows only. It will not run on Linux, Mac. etc. OP said he is running Ubuntu, thus the need for a third party tool. If he has another computer running Windows (or a dual boot setup), he could use the Media Creation tool with that.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online