1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Booting virus - trend chipaway virus

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by elty, Dec 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elty

elty Thread Starter

I am a beginner so bear with me. I've read the earlier threads about this Trend chipaway virus on a red screen when booting, and yesterday it happened to me. Most of the comments were 2 or 3 years old, so I didn't read them until today. I've been able to eliminate most of the virus problems by going back to a date when the pc was working fine. However, I have not been able to get rid of the red screen Trend chipaway virus message when booting my computer and I don't always get the site that I Google to. One final thing, when first booting, I get a funny noise just as the red screen appears. I am using Windows xp version 2002 and I have 2292 kbps. Help please. elty

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/970282

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice