1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Booting Windows on MacOS

Discussion in 'Apple Mac' started by SwannyAVFC, Feb 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SwannyAVFC

SwannyAVFC Thread Starter

Hi,

Hoping someone may be able to point me in the right direction here - or simply tell me "it can't be done" which may well be the case! :(

My old Windows (7) laptop's motherboard died not long back and I've managed to salvage the 320GB Western Digital HD out of it.

I guess my first simple question is...if i buy an enclosure for it is there anyway at all to boot Windows from it still on another computer? :confused:

Secondly, and i guess this hinges on the answer to the first question, if i can then can i boot it on my Mac somehow? :confused:

I know what i'm asking is probably simply impossible but the ideal scenario would be to be able to switch between OS X on my Mac HD and Windows on my external laptop HD?

Any advice / answers very gratefully received! (y)

Thanks,

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

No, you won't be able to boot into Windows because each Windows installation has device drivers for all the parts inside the computer, and your Mac has different components from your dead PC.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1088445

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice