Booting Windows XP

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

funky_pad

An error message shows each time I try to boot Windos XP that reads:
"We apologize for the inconvenience, but Windows did not start succesfully. A recnt hardware or software change might have caused this.

If your computer stopped responding, restarted unexpectedly, or wast automatically shut down to protect your files and folders, choose Last Known Good Configuration to revert to the most recent settings that worked.

If a previous startup attempt was interrupted due to a power failure or because the Power or Reset was presses, or if you aren't sure what caused the problem, choose Start Windows Normally.

Safe Mode
Safe Mode with Networking
Safe Mode with Command Prompt

Last Known Good Configuration (your most recent settngs that worked)

Start Windows Normally

Use the up and down arrow keys to move the highlight to your choice.
Seconds until Windows starts: 29"

I've tried each and every option and nothing. I can't boot it. It all started when my computer got stuck for about 10 minutes so I pressed the Power button to turn it off and boot it. But after I did that this message started showing up and I wasn't able to boot to the system anymore. I don't know what else to do, please someone help me out.

P.D.: When I try the Safe Mode (whether with Networking or Command Prompt, or without it) it stop at the loading of the SPTD.sys file and then throws me to a blue screen with some message on it but after a few seconds if not only 1 second it goes away and "reboots" the system.

Hello and Welcome to TSG,

Did you make any harware changes / upgrades lately ? like say a new RAM !!

~a

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online