1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Booting with Windows Me?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by PCMan78, Sep 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PCMan78

PCMan78 Thread Starter

What is the correct way to boot with a windows Me full edition cd so I can install the os on my formated computer. I do everything right, except when it boots and looks for the windows me cd inside of the cd-rom drive, it says something like "no os found" or gives me an error. When I boot with a windows 98 cd, it boots up fine and asks me if I want to start win 98 setup, start computer with cd support, ...etc. Do I need to put a Windows Me startup disk in the drive and boot off of that first, then run the cd after that finishes.

I have been installing windows 98 first, then after that is finished installing, I would upgrade with my copy of Windows Me. The process is just too long. Please help.

2. JenniferLore

JenniferLore Banned

If your ME cd is not booting: then create a ME boot disk. You may be able to use a windows 98 boot disk but I'm not sure.

Boot with cd rom support.
    At the a: prompt type setup
    make sure the ME cd is inserted.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/163986

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice