1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

bootmgr is missing message on dell vista PLEASE HELP

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by brinahannah, Nov 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brinahannah

brinahannah Thread Starter

I assume that I got a virus which crashed my computer. I shut down my computer to try and stop the virus ,but it was to late. When I restarted my computer I get the message BootMGR is missing ,Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart and thats all It do ,es. I can not bring up the factory reset,but I have the vista recovery disk which will not do any thing either . It will not list any operating systems to repair when prompted . I did a full diognostic test and everything passed.
    At this point I dont care if I get everything back I just want to be able to get it working.
    I do not know alot about computers and need help so I can learn .

This is what happens:

I install vista recovery cd f2 to bring up cd rom
    It loads
    Install windows screen comes up ,language and preferences select next
    Install now (please wait)
    Licence terms ,I accept
    which type of install do you want, upgrade is there but not available, so I select custom advanced
    it ask where do you want to install options: Disk 0 Patition 2 10.o GB
    Disk o partition 3 Size 101.7 GB
    Disk 0 Partition 4 Size 1.0 MB
    partition 2 says-- unable to find a system volume that meets its criteria for installation
    partition 3 says samething same thing
    partition 4 says -- can not be installed this hard disk space. windows must be installed to a partition formatted as NTFS

If I go to repair computer , It ask to select an operating system to repair and there is none listed to continue.

Please help what can I do .

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!