1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

BootMGR is missing ( with a twist )

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by LukeWarmSteak, Jan 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. LukeWarmSteak

LukeWarmSteak Thread Starter

Hey guys I am new here, and I apologize for bringing up a problem with millions of tutorials but I am yet to find one that applies to my specific case.

So I turned my computer off last night, and attempted to turn it on this morning... Btw I am dual booting with Windows 7 64 Ultimate, and then on some partion somewhere I have Windows 7 RC. I will attempt to describe the scenario with these pictures:

So I couldn't' embed the images properly, so here is the album:

http://img836.imageshack.us/g/img1657q.jpg/

The first two pictures are without the Windows 7 Disk inserted. And notice at the starup repair screen, there is no HDD detected, however at boot without the Windows 7 disk, both of my HDDs are detected.

My system:

Msi K9a2 Platinum
    WD 500gb @ 7500RPM (I understand my main copy of windows is installed here)
    WD raptor @ 10000RPM
    nVidia Gtx260
    850w PSW
    samsung DVD-RW drive
    Audigy sound card
    AMD ahtlon 6400+ dual core

I also put the driver CD that came with the motherboard into my PC when I was in the windows repair screen. I attempted to search for some sort of driver, but no luck..

I am sorry and thank you!
    Luke

2. Lance1

Lance1

Try this. Boot from the Win7 DVD again, when you are at "System Recovery Options" select "Command Prompt" Type in bootrec /fixboot "Note the space" Reboot and remove the DVD. Post back with results.

Welcome to TSG LukeWarmSteak.

3. LukeWarmSteak

Hey thank you for the reply! :)

Actually I have have attempted that already. the command prompt just says it's not a recognizable command. And I know for a fact it has been entered correctly, in fact nearly all commands I have entered do not work...

4. Lance1

Lance1

5. LukeWarmSteak

All I get is, "xx command is not recognized as an internal or external operable program or batch file" :/

6. helpful

helpful

Just launch the start up repair wizard from the Windows 7 DVD.

If the disk is not being detected, you may have to load the SATA mass storage driver or if possible switch the SATA operation to compatibility mode temporarily in the BIOS.

7. LukeWarmSteak

I have attempted that as well, I haven't found an option to perform that anywhere. Even after studying my MOBO manual.

:/ thanks
    Luke

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/975501

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice