1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

BOOTMGR missing

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by LuckyMommyOne, Jan 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. LuckyMommyOne

LuckyMommyOne Thread Starter

I have an hp pavilion dv9500 it is about 6 years old. while doing a system restore my computer went nuts and now all it says when i turn it on is BOOTMGR is missing, press ctrl+alt+del to restart. The problem im having is i have called windows which sent me to call hp because my compter didnt come with a recovery disk. but because my computer is over 5 years old hp doesnt have a recovery disk. Where can I get one, do i need a recovery disk or a disk for windows. Is there any way to fix it without a disk? I am not that brilliant when it comes to computers but I need it to be functional again. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

2. huggie54

huggie54

hi,can you get hold of windows7 or vista repair disc(should have created one) try a friend

3. LuckyMommyOne

LuckyMommyOne Thread Starter

No one I know has a disk. Little late to create one so now what do I do?

4. dai

dai

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!