1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

bootmgr on data hdd after gfx card uograde

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by satanicguardian, Dec 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. satanicguardian

satanicguardian Thread Starter

I recently replaced my girlfriends pc's old pci-e ati gfx card, not sure on model but its about a 256mb i put in my gtx 260 1gb and when i booted the pc i got the bootmgr message, i unplugged the ide data hdd and tried to boot it again from.its primary sata drive and it worked, any idea whats going here, boot order reset maybe and it is trying to boot from a hdd without an os, or is there not enuf power now my gtx260 is drinking all the power help plx xD

2. PedroHin

PedroHin

It sounds like the boot order simply got munged in the BIOS. Reconnect the IDE drive.

Turn the PC's power on and access the BIOS (Dell, press [F2] / most clones press [DEL] etc...)

Find the area in your BIOS settings where you can choose boot order, and make sure the SATA drive is listed before the IDE drive. On some PCs, you'll have to go into the hard drive group, and move the SATA drive to the top of the hard drive group.

..but hopefully, you get the idea.

3. satanicguardian

Yeah i wastrying to do that last night but my gf was in room and zhe freaks out easy, didnt want her to think i had messed up her pc xD

She has and oldish 2ghz amd and 2gb of ram + my old gtx 260, a 550watt antec psu sbud handle that shudnt it

4. satanicguardian

Yeah i wastrying to do that last night but my gf was in room and zhe freaks out easy, didnt want her to think i had messed up her pc xD

She has and oldish 2ghz amd and 2gb of ram + my old gtx 260, a 550watt antec psu sbud handle that shudnt it

5. PedroHin

PedroHin

Oh yeah, 550w Antec should be enough.

6. satanicguardian

Still got this problem anyone else got an idea? :(

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/971792

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice