Boots on phone ring

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

MPeg3

In doing a search of this site, I came across info to "disable anything that is "Wake on..."

In going through the BIOS, I didn't find "Wake on...", but did find PM Wake Up Events which I am thinking might be the same thing. Being afraid to just start changing things, I thought I would ask here first.

These are my options: My current settings are in bold type.

IRQ [3-7, 9-15], NMI Default: Enabled Enabled
When enabled, any event occurring at IRQs 3 through 15 (excluding IRQ 8) will awaken a system, which has been powered down.

IRQ 8 Break Suspend Default: Disabled Disabled
This field allows you to enable or disable monitoring of IRQ8 so that it does not awaken the system from a suspend mode.

Ring Power Up Control Default: Enabled Enabled
When set to Enabled, the system power will be turned on if there is any modem activity.

PCIPME Power Up Control Default: Disabled Enabled
When set to "Enabled," the system power will be turned on if there is any PCI card activity from PCI cards that trigger a PME event, such as LAN or Modem cards.

To stop it from booting up when the phone rings after having been shut down, what can I safely change?

Don't know what might be important for you to know, so here is a little info:

Motherboard: ECS K7SEM
CPU Type: AMD Athlon-PECM, 800 MHz
Motherboard Chipset SiS 730S

Thanks
Peg

G'day Mpeg3, I would be inclined to change the last two to disabled and give it a try.
Cheers, qldit.

By the way this is quite a common problem, I have never heard of anyone actually using this feature in actual battle, and it can be a real nuisance, you are aware it is designed to "on" and boot the machine so that you can access it remotely.

Any well made BIOS will default to "disabled" for that "wake on" stuff. Such is one difference between an economy motherboard and something a bit more expensive.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online